Thursday 14 April 2016

Epidural? No thanks, I'm alright.


Maybe I'm naive , but I really think I won't need any drugs when the time will come to give a birth to our baby girl.  I'm very confident and optimistic to face this big challenge, but saying that I keep my mind open. The last thing I want to do is to play a martyr in such an important day. So when I will really need it , I'll ask for painkillers. 
 ( I'm definitely going to try gas and air regardless of whether I need it or not, because I really want to find out if that makes me high , haha! )

To prepare myself for this big day, I use visualization technique and relaxations. I also created a list of birth preferences. Here are my requests:

1. Warm bath with foam and candles
2. Chilled champagne
3. Professional masseuse from Thailand :D

That might not happen, so just in case I prepared plan B, which I think sounds more realistic:

* I would like to have medical free labour and birth if possible, but I may change my mind during the course of the labour.

* During the labour and childbirth I would like to stay upright and mobile for as long as possible.

* I hope to use fallowing:

- birthing ball
- birthing chair
- shower
- music
- massage
- warm compresses to vaginal area for relaxation and comfort


*My preferred methods on pain relief:

-shower
-massage
-breathing techniques

* I would like to try a variety of pushing positions: 

- squatting
- kneeling
- side-lying
- on all fours

* I would like to touch my baby's head and see it when it goes through my birth canal.
( Perhaps I will very quickly change my mind when it comes to the real thing!!! Haha )

I'm also working on playlist with music I like which I hope to listen during labour :D


And that's how I imagine my big day, haha! 


xoxo
Mags

2 comments:

  1. Co do trzeciego życzenia najlepsze co moge zrobić to zaproponować Daniela z Marry Street;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Co prawda Marry Steet to nie Tajlandia, ale profesjonalizm u Daniela jest na najwyższym szczeblu także myślę że jak coś to się nada ;)

      Delete

#17

Journey. That will be a title for the next year starting from today. Last year I asked myself out loud "how my life can change in a ...